“Empowering women in Tāmaki Makaurau with support, education, counselling, rangatahi outreach, community kōrero & safe space.”
Who are we?
Te Wāhi Wāhine o Tāmaki Makaurau
- a friendly, accessible place for women and non-binary people
- committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and open and responsive to today’s challenges
- run by knowledgeable and passionate feminists
- a place to get involved and feel you belong
- open to women of all ethnicities, incomes, cultures, sexual orientation, gender identity, age and ability
- a provider of free or low cost services and activities
- a well-established organisation dedicated to promoting empowerment and well-being for all women
- actively working in collaboration with other like-minded agencies.
A Society where women are well resourced and empowered within their communities to achieve equity, safety and well-being.
The Auckland Women’s Centre facilitates empowerment and well-being for women.
Committed to working for change for women from feminist perspectives.
- Provide affordable, accessible, quality services, programmes and resources for women in response to their needs
- Prevent violence against women and children.
- Engage and partner with women in their communities.
- Be an effective voice for gender equality and well-being.